Download Writer – A minimal blog for Jekyll, It is a Static Site Generators on ThemeForest.
Jekyll 3.5.2 Latest Aug 2017, Simplfied author page, new layout, fixes.
Writer is a content focussed responsive theme for the Jekyll blogging platform. Designed with a focus on typography to provide a great experience for the reader. Purpose built to look great across all platforms and screen sizes. Writer has multiple home page layouts and post/page types along with other utility pages like Category, Author and Contact to ensure your website is fully featured.
10+ Page Layouts
Writer comes packed with 3 alternative home pages, Three alternate posts pages, two alternate post footers, a single page, category pages, author and contact pages.
Designed to cover the wide range of screen sizes available today. Resize the width of your browser window on the live demo to see it in action.
Enable/disable theme features by editing a simple configuration file. Customise each page by editing it?s Front Matter.
Posts containing code are styled and highlighted using the inbuilt Jekyll highlighter.
Simple Install & Detailed Documentation
Installation takes just a few minutes. Email support is available.
Writer will be updated regularly to ensure it is compatible with future versions of Jekyll. This theme has been built to the latest standard currently version 3.2.1 (Latest as of August 5th 2016).
Major Browser Support?
Tested on all major browsers. IE9+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
If you have any bug reports, or feature requests, please let us know!
Writer would not be possible without the work from great open source projects. Thank you.
Unslash – Stock Photography
Death to the Stock Photo – Stock Photography
Retina.js – Retina Image Support
Bootstrap – CSS Framework
jPanelMenu – Slide out navigation
Animate.css – CSS Animations
bourbon.io – Sass Mixins
uifaces – User Icon examples
Jekyll Writer 1.4
– checks & updates for Jekyll 3.5.2
– add Monokai as default code theme – (http://jwarby.github.io/jekyll-pygments-themes/)
– update default file permissions (some users had an issue when uploading to remote server)
– Fix capitalization for author name, will reflect front matter exactly
– Update to Jekyll v3.2.1
– fix Facebook sharing (Previously was not sharing the title and description of the post correctly)
– fix favorite page row inconsistency ( Occasionally the 2×2 post grid would be miss aligned)
– new post layout – No hero image, text only
– Simplify author page to show all posts by the author instead of requiring complex front matter.
Fixed a bug that was causing the menu to not display correctly in the Safari Browser.
IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge
Elementor, Drupal Commerce, Ubercart, Facebook Templates, Bootstrap 3.x