Download Puppet vs. Chef: Comparing Configuration Management Systems, It is a Courses on ThemeForest.
Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
Configuration management and automation are strategies that every systems administrator should know when managing more than a handful of servers. They are also very handy for developers who have to manage infrastructure but prefer to write code to specify an environment, rather than typing configuration commands by hand.
In this course, Envato Tuts+ instructor Markus Mühlberger is going to compare two of the most popular configuration management systems, Puppet and Chef. You’ll learn how to use both Puppet and Chef to create reproducible Rails application servers. By completing this task using both technologies, you’ll see the strengths and weaknesses of each one.
What You’ll Learn
- The principles and benefits of configuration management.
- The full step-by-step process of creating reproducible Rails application servers, using first Puppet and then Chef.
- Using Puppet modules, nodes, and tools such as Puppet Forge.
- Using Chef cookbooks, roles and environments, as well as tools such as Knife, Berkshelf, and Supermarket.
- The important differences between Puppet and Chef, and how they compare.
About the Instructor
Elementor, Drupal Commerce, Ubercart, Facebook Templates